What GUI toolkit looks the best?

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 11:00:34 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:

>>Here is my humble opinions in a nutshell (missing a lot here):
>>wxPython has a grid control to die for and many, many classes, good
>>printer support and looks like a native GTK app on Linux and a native
>>app on windows and macintosh.
>

> Oh wow, yes I guess it's cross platform then.  Hmm, what Micro$oft
> tool do I need to build and run it?  Is Visual C++ enough?  I guess
> I can get the client to pay for some stuff like that.  Also, is there
> a Glade-like drag and drop gui editor for it?

None.  Just download the wxpython binaries and away you go.  If you want
to build from scratch Visual C++ is enough.  wxGlade is a good designer
although it does have some warts.  wxDesigner is good as well, although
not free.

http://www.wxpython.org/

wxGlade
http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/

wxDesigner
http://www.roebling.de/

And join the wxpython mailing list.  You'll be glad that you did.
Brian