web programming: experiences with non-zope frameworks?

Wilk wilkSPAM at OUTflibuste.net
Mon Dec 22 11:53:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I think the first thing is to choose if you prefer a thread, fork or
event driven engine. Also, will you have to handle differents protocols
?

I choose twistedmatrix for his event driven asychore engine,
multi-procols. http://twistedmatrix.com

After, you maybe need a template engine, you must choose if you want a
template graphist-friendly or not. For this we choose (with my graphist)
Cheetah. http://cheetahtemplate.org

But sometimes i use cgi or BaseHTTPServer and my own little framework
and template engine... Because it's finaly quite easy to do it (it's why
there are so many of them maybe).

I use all of this in production without any problem of scalability (a
lot less than with php)

I think the web frameworks are very stable (instead of classic
applications) because they are immediatly tested with a lot of users and
the errors are easy to catch. So don't worry about the pioneer condition
of python web programmers ;-)

For other things, like sql, it's like every python application...

There is a web-sig now to discuss about a common api/interface.
http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/

bye

--
Wilk - http://flibuste.net