Broken python-model.el

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Dec 19 09:26:27 EST 2003

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>     Peter> So I don't even know what the "trailing builtin" problem is :-)
>     Peter> All I know is that I don't like the way python-mode.el
>     Peter> (currently) tries to find shadowed builtins. I would hardly call
>     Peter> highlighting the "ord" in "swimrecord" as showing a shadowed
>     Peter> builtin :-) I found the current mechanism highly annoying to be
>
> The "ord" in "swimrecord" is the "trailing builtin" problem I referred to.
>
>     Peter> honest as it distracts rather than enhances.
>
> Should be fixed in CVS.  Let me know if it's not.

One problem I'm seeing with 4.41 is that in "self.map" map is
highlighted. According to the comment the builtins (kw3) should not be
highlighted when they're used as attributes but the regexp matches
attributes as well.

I've submitted a patch:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=862952&group_id=86916&atid=581351

   Bernhard