Socket Programming

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Dec 26 11:33:51 EST 2003

Rene Pijlman wrote:

> Alex Martelli:
>>visit safari.oreilly.com
>>Just remember to cancel the subscription within 2 weeks so you won't have
>>to pay for it!
>
> What's wrong with paying for all that good stuff.

Sorry, I generally conclude the above advice with "unless of course you
find the safari service useful" but I was a bit rushed this time.

I do, personally, find safari quite useful and worthwhile (and how!),
but since, here, I was suggesting using it just as a way to evaluate
books (the paper kind...) to decide whether you want to buy them, it
might not be worth enough (if used only in that capacity) to pay for.
Of course, such judgments are inherently subjective.

Alex