PythonWin problems

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 31 15:13:33 EST 2003

PythonWin has been my favourite IDE for quite a while.

When one right clicks on a .py file in the Windows Explorer, among the
options are Open and Edit.  The former is the default and executes
Python, with the selected script.  The latter activates the PythonWin
editor, with the selected script.

Since, most frequently, I wish to edit the script, or execute it with
the debugger, I tried changing the default to Edit, using the Edit File
Type menu.

Unfortunately, this leads to a couple of problems:

1. Any activity becomes horrendously slow, and
2. The following message appears:
    LoadBarState failed - LoadBarState failed (with win32 exception!)
[Dbg]>>>

Does anyone have a workaround suggestion?

Thanks.

Colin W.