wxPython / styles and marks in TextCtrl

Logan logan at phreaker.nospam
Mon Dec 1 11:57:57 EST 2003

I asked a similar question already in the wxPython mailing list,
but did not get an answer up to now:

1.) When using a TextCtrl with styles (color etc.) in wxPython,
is it then possible to get a 'list' (or anything) from the widget
which tells you which styles are used in the widget (and where!;
'beginning of style', 'end of style', 'type of style' ...)?

2.) Is it possible to set something like a mark in a TextCtrl?

(E.g.: Suppose you put the sentence 'Hello World!' into the
TextCtrl and mark the character 'W' of the word 'World';
now, if the text in the TextCtrl changes, it should be possible
to get the new position of the character 'W' from that mark.)

I think, both should be possible, but I did not see it in the
documentation; maybe I missed something elementary?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
mailto: logan at phreaker(NoSpam).net