Building a new app in python and need some architecture advice.

Sam Watson Samwatson at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 23:16:04 EST 2003

>Well you have to define what "secure" is for you.
>Secure can mean a lot of things.

By secure I mean hard to break into the server.  I dont really care if
the data coming in and out is secure.  I want to maintain the server
as little as possible.

>What makes you think you would lose that with Pyro?
>(and not with other IPC protocols)
So as I try to access list, dictionary, or tuple items using the []
operator it will transparently fetch them as needed from the server?
This is pretty cool if true.  I assumed id have to use methods like
GetNthItem SetNthItem or something like that.

>on the communication stuff, and about performance: does a data
>entry app have to shove 50Mbit/s over the network?

Nah, at most a few megs i would guess in a session.