Python in a spreadsheet

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Tue Dec 16 10:41:11 EST 2003

Am Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:18:21 -0800 schrieb beliavsk:

> Is it possible to call a Python function from Calc (the Open Office
> spreadsheet) or Microsoft Excel? Are their web sites or books
> describing how to do this?
>
> I would prefer not to write any more VBA :).

I once posted a way to batch convert
files into a different format with pyuno.
Maybe this helps you
 http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=pan.2003.11.27.16.41.02.989568@thomas-guettler.de

Depending on your problem, I would suggest to use
XML instead. I think it is more stable to export
the office file to XML, process it with your script,
and import it again. The remote procedure call solutions
(COM, pyUNO) don't scale well.

 thomas