Storing pairs of (int, int) in a database : which db to choose ?

Stormbringer andreif at mail.dntis.ro
Fri Dec 26 09:46:51 EST 2003

Fred Pacquier <xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net> wrote in message news:<Xns945B76D79C928PaCmAnRDLM at 213.228.0.32>...
> Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> said :
>
> >> Even if it was limited i/o traffic I am not sure how to do profiling
> >
> > A crude but maybe useful thing you can do is just observe the CPU load
> > while the program is running.  If the CPU load is low but you hear the
> > disk banging around, you're i/o bound.
>
> I love this one. It would make a great intro quote for the next DrDobbs
> weekly summary ! ;-)

I ment I didn't know how to do profiling in this case, to find out if
the program was cpu or disk bound, although if I would have sit down
and thought for 5 seconds it was obvious.

Profiling in general is another fish and I consider myself able to
spot the places where my programs consumes cpu cycles.

Cheers,
Andrei