Array neighbourhoods

Daniel Pryde ababo_2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 10:43:34 EST 2003

Hi again.

One thing I forgot to include in my post the other day. I was wondering if
anyone knew of any fast algorithms for returning the surrounding neighbours
of an array element, or even the neighbours of a group of array elements.

I'm using a function which affects neighbourhoods of a value with a
diminishing effect (i.e. a gaussian distribution), so I need to be able to
get the neighbourhood (of size 1) of the first array entry, as well as the
neighbourhood of the returned neighbourhoods! Hope that all makes sense.

Daniel