Threads for a newbe

Sebastien GIRAUD seb.giraud78 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 17 03:46:56 EST 2003

Hello,
  First let say that am french and that i'll try to write the best english i can...
  I'm a python newbe and have the following problem : I try to create 2 threads in a server program and they seems to block each other.
  I use something like this :
 start thread waiting for connexion with : server.threadserver = threading.Thread(target = self.__startserver)
 then do while 1 :
                   socket, host = accept(...)
 then start a new thread for each new connexion after accept using client.threadclient = threading.Thread(target = self.__receive)
and       while 1 :
                   client.receive()
  And here the first thread seems not to work anymore :( . I didn't join threads. Maybe a lock() problem but i don't now how to use the lock() function in Python...
  Maybe if someone had a multithread server sample source I could understand what is the issue...
Regards
            Seb.