entering the lists against CamelCase

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Sun Dec 7 19:06:09 EST 2003

"John Benson" <jsbenson at bensonsystems.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.207.1070837466.16879.python-list at python.org...
> I never cared for CamelCase because a lot of words in English are
compounds,
> and remembering the right CamelCase rendition of them gets difficult.

[snip]

Well, having worked in monocased languages, I find that
the biggest problem with them is the inability to tell where
word breaks are without a clue. Capitalization is one such
clue, underscores are another. The hyphens you find all over
COBOL programs are a third. All of these suffer from the
ambiguity problem you mention.

The best solution I know of for the ambiguity problem is to
create a lexicon for a system rather than simply creating names
as they swim up from the depths of the creative unconcious.

John Roth