running non-python progs from python

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Dec 10 07:36:39 EST 2003

Spiffy wrote:

> > that indicates that it's supposed to work, don't you think?
>
> IT COULD HAVE BEEN A MISPRINT, DON'T YOU THINK?

sure.  if multiple independent sources say the same thing, your
first thought should be that they're all wrong.

> > > Both the .exe and the .mid file are in the python path and the spelling
> > > been checked.
> >
> > you mean sys.path?
>
> IF I HAD MEANT sys.path, I WOULD HAVE SAID sys.path, DON'T YOU THINK?

the python path is stored in the sys.path variable.  why did you
say python path if you didn't mean it?

> I DO NOT THINK THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW I USED THE FUNCTION
> NOR WHAT I EXPECTED FROM IT.

no, your problems are obviously elsewhere.  good luck with your
programming career.

</F>