FD_SETSIZE not working in 2.3.2?

Krister Liljedahl blibjunk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:54:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm getting an "10055, An operation on a socket could not be performed
because
the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full"
error message when opening 64 or more sockets in a single thread when
using Python 2.3.2 under Windows XP.

I think this is because Python fails to increase the value of
FD_SETSIZE before it invokes winsock.h. If I'm reading the Python
source right then winsock.h is invoked by errnomodule.c before
selectmodule.c increases the value of FD_SETSIZE to 512 from the
default 64, which would explain my problems.

Does anyone else experience problem with large numbers (>63) of
sockets under Windows? Can anyone else succesfully open 64 or more
sockets under Windows and poll them using select?

Anyone got any other explanations/thoughs/ideas?

/Krister