ANN: Twisted 1.1.1

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Wed Dec 10 15:53:34 EST 2003

Cameron Laird <claird at lairds.com> pisze:

>>Writing one more asyncore/asynchat application pisses me off. Hate it.
>>Love it. Thanks God, it's Python, not Rexx, even not Java.
> 			.
> Think about that last just a bit more.  Asyncore is SUCH an
> upgrade over what most of the world is doing.

Yes, you are right, most of world still uses synchronous sockets.
AFAIK, asynchronous sockets are widely used in ObjectPascal (by way of
F. Piette's work), but I don't know any such complete (like these in
Python and ObjectPascal) implementation in other Popular Programming
Environments (Java is PPE, Rexx is my *local* PPE ;))

--
Jarek Zgoda
Unregistered Linux User #-1