help with soap, please (java axis)

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:01:47 EST 2003

[Yurj]
> but I receive a:
>
> SOAPpy.Types.faultType: <Fault soapenv:Server.userException:
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer defined for array type
> {http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema}list:

I don't have time to answer this in detail, but I do have one
suggestion:

That error looks like it's coming from Axis (from the
"org.xml.sax.SAXException"). Looking through my Axis config file, I
see no mention of the namespace you mentioned, namely

http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema

However, the 2001 schema is listed in the axis config file
(webapps/axis/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd).

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

If I'm right that this is the cause of the error, you have two options
to resolve the problem

1. Make SOAPpy generate calls in the 2001/XMLSchema namespace.

2. Configure Axis to have a deserializer for the 1999/XMLSchema
namespace.

Sorry, don't have time to help with either option right now.

HTH,

--
alan kennedy