Converting a python script into a standalone application

BW Glitch bwglitch at hotpop.com
Mon Dec 8 20:51:37 EST 2003

Sandeep Gupta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written a commercial application that uses Python scripts for
> some of the functionality.  Installing the Python portion of the
> application requires me to first install Python, and then install the
> scripts.  I'm looking for an easier way to install the Python portion.
>
> I've been referred to: http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html
>
> Which application would people recommend for creating a standalone
> executable?
>
> Are there any licensing issues I need to consider wrt including a
> "Python runtime" with my distribution?

You can also look at py2exe at
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/ . Its license is
BSD-like, AFAICT.

--
Glitch

-----BEGIN TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----
G+++ G1 G2+ BW++++ MW++ BM+ Rid+ Arm-- FR+ FW-
#3 D+ ADA N++ W OQP MUSH- BC- CN++ OM P75
-----END TF FAN CODE BLOCK-----

"I would've preferred a robot truck."
"Heathen."
         -- Two Aliens, on Monkey Master, on January 23, 2001.
            http://www.itswalky.com/