More than one cookie with urllib2

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Dec 15 09:15:25 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
> > As the author, John might seem biased, but I'll weigh in with my own
> > praise for the product.  His comment "if you want to stay sane" is
> > really on-the-mark here... Cookies _are_ insane, but ClientCookie at
> > least provides them a nice padded room in which to reside...
>
> Cookies aren't insane in concept, but their implementation leaves some
> things to be desired.

Agreed... especially with IE6.1, where I still have an incredibly annoying
problem with a Zope-based Intranet where my cookies are being forgotten
periodically, which among other things has led to repeated data loss
(when combined with anothe IE peculiarity which loses the data in the input
fields of a form if the form submission fails... when you hit "back" you
no longer have your data to resubmit).

Oh, but I'm describing a problem with a _Microsoft_ product, so the whole
comment was redundant.  Sorry.

-Peter