replacing two EOL chars by one

Pascal Bourguignon spam at thalassa.informatimago.com
Sun Dec 21 13:16:30 EST 2003

xah at xahlee.org (Xah Lee) writes:
> maybe some other day when i'm pissed, i'll write a better exposition
> on this issue. I've been wanting to write a final-say essay on this
> for long. Don't feel like it now.

Perhaps instead of losing you time with this, you would better use one
of the  other strengths of  unix: it's modularity, and  implement your
own shell, or try scsh (scheme  shell).  There, you don't have to mess
with sh idiosyncratic syntax: you just write pure lisp to combine your
commands.  There is also an easy way to replace to EOL chars by one in
scsh.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                              .  *   * . * .* .
http://www.informatimago.com/                        .   *   .   .*