Is anyone using Python for .NET?

Brandon J. Van Every try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 23:27:16 EST 2003

"Paul Boddie" <paul at boddie.net> wrote in message
news:23891c90.0312170334.2cee015 at posting.google.com...
> "Brandon J. Van Every" <try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:<brnuts$591mp$1 at ID-207230.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> > It's a rare case where Microsoft is actually leading the industry
> > rather than cloning and conquering.  The clone is now Mono, in the Unix
> > world.
>
> From "Contracts and Interoperability - A Conversation with Anders
> Hejlsberg, Part V" [1]:
>
>   "Anders Hejlsberg, a distinguished engineer at Microsoft,
>    led the team that designed the C# (pronounced C Sharp)
>    programming language... In 1996, after 13 years with
>    Borland, Hejlsberg joined Microsoft, where he initially
>    worked as an architect of Visual J++..."
>
> I'm no big fan of Sun or Java, but that's quite some industry
> leadership you're showing us, Brandon. ;-)

*I'm* showing you?  Since when was I Microsoft?  I guess your point is
whether you think Java or .NET is responsible for the interop principles of
.NET.  I'd say the latter, since otherwise, it would be Java and we'd all be
doing our language interop in Java.

--
Cheers,                          www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every                Seattle, WA

Brandon's Law (after Godwin's Law):
"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of
a person being called a troll approaches one RAPIDLY."