Is anyone using Python for .NET?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Wed Dec 17 06:34:22 EST 2003

"Brandon J. Van Every" <try_vanevery_at_mycompanyname at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<brnuts$591mp$1 at ID-207230.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> It's a rare case where Microsoft is actually leading the industry
> rather than cloning and conquering.  The clone is now Mono, in the Unix
> world.

>From "Contracts and Interoperability - A Conversation with Anders
Hejlsberg, Part V" [1]:

  "Anders Hejlsberg, a distinguished engineer at Microsoft,
   led the team that designed the C# (pronounced C Sharp)
   programming language... In 1996, after 13 years with
   Borland, Hejlsberg joined Microsoft, where he initially
   worked as an architect of Visual J++..."

I'm no big fan of Sun or Java, but that's quite some industry
leadership you're showing us, Brandon. ;-)

Paul

[1] http://www.artima.com/intv/interop.html