2.3.2 Memory Leaks ?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Dec 11 10:18:28 EST 2003

genjox at yahoo.com (Robert) writes:

> Hi,
> I am building with VS 6.0 under WinXP, and building with the default
> python configuration & settings. I build a test python app with just
> the following code:
>

> /* testing for memory leaks */
> long tmp_flag = _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG );
> tmp_flag |= _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF;
> _CrtSetDbgFlag( tmp_flag );
>
> Py_Initialize();
> Py_Finalize();
>

> For some reason I am seeing a *bunch* of memory leaks. Does anyone
> know what the problem could be?

There are various objects (interned strings being an example) that do
not get deallocated before shutdown, but calling them "leaks" seems a
bit of a stretch.  Are they causing you problems?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
  is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and