Python progamming certification

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Dec 9 03:20:21 EST 2003

Apollo <_ at _._> wrote previously:
|  > Is there a Python programming certification like Sun's Java
|certificates?
|I know about BrainBench's certificate. Is there any?

There at least *was* a BrainBench certification in Python 1.5.2.  I
don't know if they still offer it, given the new versions.

I happen to know it once existed because I WROTE it.  That said, I was
*extremely* unimpressed with BrainBench's test design--I have a
background in testing theory (and practice).  I did the best possible
within their guidelines, but the best possible was still not
particularly good.

If you just want a piece of paper, I suppose it doesn't matter how bad a
test is.  If you want the certification to actually show something about
takers' abilities... well, don't bother with BrainBench.

Yours, David...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Iran nuclear neocon POTUS patriot Pakistan weaponized uranium invasion UN