shy stackless Re: ANNOUNCE: xsdb -- the eXtremely Simple Database goes alpha

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Thu Dec 11 08:38:57 EST 2003

regarding the use of stackless in
http://xsdb.sourceforge.net
"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.56.1071124178.9307.python-list at python.org>...
> Aaron Watters wrote:
> > 5) use an event loop and use a generator for the relevant code;
> when you discover that you need to pause, yield to the framework.

Please tell me I'm missing something, but I don't think
this will really help.  The problem is that I need to "yield"
or "suspend" or "send something across a channel" from about
45 places in the code some of which are arbitrarily deep into
multiple recursions.  The generator thing will only allow
me to go one level deep into a single call -- no?  By contrast
the stackless.channel mechanism is a far more general construct,
allowing me to "yield" at any point without restructuring the
code at all.  Stackless rules.
  -- Aaron Watters
===
I'm standing in the middle of the desert
waiting for my ship to come in
   -- Sheryl Crow "Leaving Las Vegas"