Accessing Python script with ColdFusion

David C. Fox davidcfox at post.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 7 10:40:04 EST 2003

Michael Wood wrote:
> I've tried using a timeout of 1 and 3. It didn't make any difference. I
> also just tried setting the outputFile argument to a file in a folder
> that I know is accessible to CF. It created an empty file. So no joy there.
>
> Mike
>
> At 07:07 PM 12/6/2003, you wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:52:59PM -0800, Michael Wood wrote:
>> > We're using mailman (python based) to do mailing lists. I'd like to
>> write a
>> > ColdFusion interface to the command line scripts for managing list
>> > membership but there's a problem. I can run the scripts from the Linux
>> > command line with no problem. But when I run the scripts via the
>> CFExecute
>> > tag in ColdFusion there isn't any output returned. That isn't entirely
>> > true, if I use the -h argument the help screen displays okay but any
>> other
>> > sort of output never turns up. And it doesn't return an error so it
>> seems
>> > as though the script is executing or starts to execute but the output
>> > buffer never flushes to the standard output or something like that...

There might be some problem with file permissions or the path to the
script preventing the script from running when invoked from ColdFusion.
  Have you verified that the script is actually running?  (Try having
the script, rather than CF, write to a file in a directory with global
write permission).

P.S. I assume you are the same person who posted a job with a similar
question on IT moonlighter.  If so, are you just looking for a solution
to this problem, or is there other work you want done?

David