Python, xml, databases, ...

Joe Francia usenet at soraia.com
Wed Dec 3 13:11:54 EST 2003

Zunbeltz Izaola wrote:
> Hi!

<snip>

> I want to store the information in a A object in a file. The structure
> is a tree-like structure and I think XML is a good choice. I want to
> know what model SAX or DOM, will be better to write/read the
> information from the file. Is posible the files to get big (>1MB) and
> the XML HOWTO recommend to use SAX, is that ok? what would be eaiser?
>
> Zunbeltz

In addition to the other suggestions made, you may want to consider the
embeddable Berkeley XML database, which may fit your needs better (or
not ;>):
http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml

If you are using Windows, you can get precompiled Python (and Java)
bindings here:
http://www.klamann-software.de/Community/index.html

Peace,
Joe