Socket Programming

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Fri Dec 26 00:54:14 EST 2003

> Michael: I am really just fooling around for the moment.  Are you
> telling me that there are modules for specific things like IRC?

There's no IRC module in the standard distribution, although there are
modules for several other protocols listed in the page I referenced earlier.

But seek and ye shall find:

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+irc

A good rule of thumb with Python is to look for some existing code before
writing your own. There's a good chance someone has written it already!

-Mike