Newbie Question HELP!

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Dec 19 10:21:07 EST 2003

"TyBriD" <TyBriD at si.rr.com> wrote in message
news:yPyEb.6462$0P1.3040 at twister.nyc.rr.com...
> hello guys i am new top programming and was told
python is the best place to
> start i so far understand variables ex:
> print ("Fill In Below")
> name = raw_input("Enter Your Name Please: ")
> age = input("Enter Your Age Please: ")
> print "Your Name Is", name
> print "Your Age Is", age
>
> but i was wondering if there was a way to
compile a EXE file to display the
> print because this only seems to run in python
shell,

Yes, there are ways to bundle interpreter +
scripts as a standalone .exe.  But until you have
written an application for distribution to
strangers, I would not worry about about the
details and tradeoffs.

If you do get that far, you almost certainly
should not use 'input'.  It is only intended for
personal-use-only scripts, such as the above   (If
you do not understand why, read the manual entries
for both input and eval.)

>or is there a way to
> create my own interface for my program in python
thanks in advanced

There are multiple GUIs available, partly
depending on your OS.  Check the archives
(available and searchable thru Google) for past
discussions.

Terry J. Reedy