Socket Programming

Michael Geary Mike at DeleteThis.Geary.com
Thu Dec 25 14:21:34 EST 2003

Benjamin Han wrote:
> http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/sockets/sockets.html

That's a great introduction to sockets. I'd like to add one other thing:
Kamuela, do you know if you need to use sockets for what you're doing, or is
there possibly some higher-level module in Python that can help you out?
Take a look here:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/internet.html

If none of those modules do what you need and you do need to write your own
socket code, the source code for those modules (in the Lib directory of your
Python installation) will give you good examples of working socket code.

-Mike