Writing to the parallel port (Mem 0x378) when runnning

John Benson jsbenson at bensonsystems.com
Sat Dec 6 12:41:26 EST 2003

Regarding the appended thread below:

Doing hard real-time tasking on Windows sounds like a doomed task. I just
wanted to point out that there's a line of microcontrollers put out by
Z-World (www.zworld.com) that are serial-, parallel- and Ethernet-enabled
and programmable in C that are a good choice for offloading that kind of
job. I used them a few years ago and they were a whole lot of fun to work
with. Since a lot of Pythonistas have some C background, I just wanted to
throw this observation into the mix. Another solution might be a
communications coprocessor board to handle the time-critical signalling.

begin quote of previous thread:

Message: 12