Quicktime in python

Wesley Fraser ugly_411 at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 29 09:39:45 EST 2003

> Wesley Fraser <ugly_411 at sympatico.ca> writes:
>
>> Hey everyone.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there has been a basic, ornot so basic
>> implimentation of quicktime in python? If not, is there a reasonably
>> straight forward way of accessing quicktime from python?
>
> I believe MacPython has a wrapper (and if you use PyObjC you should be
> able to use the Cocoa movie classes).  If you're on Windows, does it
> have a COM interface?  If you just want an easy way of playing a
> movie, pygame can do that, but probably with less codec support.
>
> Actually *implementing* QT in Python would seem to be a bit of a
> fool's errand.
>
> Cheers,
> mwh
>
> --
>   The ultimate laziness is not using Perl.  That saves you so much
>   work you wouldn't believe it if you had never tried it.
>                                         -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp
> --

Actually what I am trying to do specifically is use my logitech camera
on Mac OS X. There is a wonderful driver macam outthere that supports
this and many many other cameras. It seems that the best way to access
this driver is via quicktime and cocoa. I am using the camera for
telescope control and imaging stars. If I can get this to work
properly, then having the code in python would make things a lot easier
for me. It's not that it has to be done in python, it's that I want it
to be done in python.

Thanks for the tips. The PyObc seems like it is just the trick!

Ugly