Chameleon ++

Samuel Sagan samuelsagan at clairvision.org
Tue Dec 2 23:31:04 EST 2003

Hi
I'm considering starting a new project at SourceForge, codenamed
'Chameleon++'.

The concept is to develop a set of C++ clases and functions that closely
mimmick the Python fundamentals: lists, tups, dictionnary, built-in
functions and, later, as many modules as possible.

This would make it relatively easy to convert Python code into C++, using
mainly regular expressions and string replacement.

In other words: compile Python apps via C++.

Less important, but could come handy at times: the Chameleon++ subset of C++
would make it very easy for people knowing Python to write in C++.
(Chameleon++ would not use pointers, etc -- only what we use in Python.)

Among other things, Chameleon should also provide a pathway to .NET, since
C++ compiles to .NET. But the main goal remains to compile Python apps via
the C++ route.

Before starting, any comments or directions you may have would be greatly
appreciated.

Samuel Sagan