filter and map / deprecated?

Logan logan at phreaker.nospam
Wed Dec 17 13:35:26 EST 2003

I read in PEP 279 the following comment by GvR:

    "filter and map should die and be subsumed into list
    comprehensions, not grow more variants."

Actually, I am using 'filter' and 'map' a lot in my scripts
(not really because they are necessary, but more because I
like them). Should I avoid the usage of 'filter' and 'map'
in the future? The above comment by GvR makes me a little
bit afraid that they will become deprecated one day and that
I will have to change many of my scripts then.

--
mailto: logan at phreaker(NoSpam).net