Case sensitive and ludicrous statements

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Dec 7 14:10:25 EST 2003

Douglas Alan <nessus at mit.edu> wrote previously:
|If you are talking merely about putting constants, or somesuch, in all
|upper case, then perhaps there is a significant minority that does do
|If, on the other hand, you are referring to using StudlyCaps (aka
|CamelCase) in a case-insensitive language, then we have a serious
|disagreement.  I have read and written a lot of code in
|case-insensitive languages, and I have never seen anyone code as you

On the other hand, *I* have almost certainly read and written a lot more
code in case-insensitive langauges than Douglas Alan has... and I found
the use of case (both constants-in-caps and CamelCase) to be quite
pervasive.  Certainly a large majority use the ALLCAP constant
convention.  But a majority also use various mixed case conventions (not
always consistent between programmers and/or languages, however).

FWIW, doing the above is ALSO a GOOD idea, not just empirically true.

Yours, Lulu...

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/