[Python-Dev] rexec.py unuseable

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Dec 17 16:30:23 EST 2003

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> writes:

>  all i can do is recommend a framework and some guidelines on what
>  conventions could be fitted over that framework.

In that case, your proposal will likely die.

I don't think the framework can provide the feature that rexec.py
originally provided. To prove that, I would need a complete proposal
how precisely what ACLs are set on what objects, and how exactly I
invoke code for restricted execution (i.e. what API do I call in what
order). As you won't provide such a proposal, and as nobody else might,
either, it is likely that this gets us nowhere.

Regards,
Martin