Case sensitive and ludicrous statements

Mark Jackson mjackson at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Dec 11 07:38:30 EST 2003

http://www.computerhistory.org/exhibits/highlights/alto.page

> but on a french keyboard, I have to type ctl +
> alt + 8 for the underscore. Camel case notation only implies using the
> shift key. GuessWhichOneHasMyPreference ?

I feel your pain, once having been faced with programming on an Intel
system on whose one terminal "backspace" was a shifted function.  Since
I don't type entirely without error. . . .

(To bring this full circle:  my solution was to use the Alto serial
interface and hook one up as a second terminal!)

	Logic doesn't apply to the real world.	- Marvin Minsky