Is Python Mac Centric???

James Kew james.kew at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 31 04:51:20 EST 2003

"hokieghal99" <hokiegal99 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bss8qn$mb7$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu...
> Python installation is much more cumbersome on
> Windows. The user has to dl Python and then Mr. Hammond's extensions to
> get up to speed with the new Macs out of the box.

Or install the ActiveState distro, which has pythonwin pre-installed. One
install and off you go.

To be honest, too, I'm not sure how useful the pythonwin extensions are for
new Python users -- if you're not interested in banging around with the
Windows API, then base Python has all you need. Although I do very much like
the pythonwin IDE.

James