SQL Server Questions

logistix at cathoderaymission.net logistix at cathoderaymission.net
Fri Dec 19 22:30:36 EST 2003

> Also, I'm connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Mail server using the methods
> described in Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson's Book "Python Programming on
> Win 32".  My problem is that when I connect to the Exchange Server, a dialog
> box pops up to verify the connection.  Since I'm writing a utility script,
> I'd just like to connect without a user having to get involved.  Is this
> possible?

A little off topic for python, but I'm guessing your connection uses
an outlook profile to connect to the server.  Starting with Outlook
2000 SP 2, you start getting warning dialogs about automated processes
trying to access your email system.  This was done to stop some .vbs
worms from going crazy.

Fix 1: Install a version of Outlook before 2000 SP 2.
Fix 2: Track down the registry hack to disable the dialog.