udp broadcast example, please

Torsten Rueger torsten.rueger at hiit.fi
Wed Dec 17 06:22:25 EST 2003

Moi,

sorry, but I've searched and searched to find exact information on how
to do a simple udp broadcast client/server, but can find it:

I want to have a thread pinging (very small message) and possibly the
same thread receiving maybe with a 1 second timeout. And the same code
should be able to run as multiple instances on the same machine.

Could someone with experience please post the 10 lines to make this
happen. Please no general comments or things that "should" work. I've
tried for hours with various socket options and addresses, so I would
very much appreciate working code.

Thanks
   Torsten