python-dev Summary for 2003-11-16 through 2003-11-30

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Fri Dec 12 11:22:55 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:53:39 -0800, rumours say that "Brett C."
<bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> might have written:

>First, an errata on the last summary.  I said generator expressions were
>Peter Norvig's idea.  Turns out it was Raymond Hettinger, the man who
>has so many new ideas that his flame retardant suit has his initials
>embroidered on it, who came up with the original idea in `PEP 289`_.

What about this?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=mailman.996609059.27167.python-list%40python.org

(this, by Paul Prescod, is the oldest one that I remember and could
locate --I actually had it kept in Agent! :), but there could be older
references.  Of course, hadn't Raymond written the PEP, the whole idea
wouldn't advance...
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix