omniORB 4.0.3 and omniORBpy 2.3 available

Duncan Grisby duncan-news at grisby.org
Mon Dec 1 05:22:01 EST 2003

In article <EMLxb.2201$Y06.30064 at news4.e.nsc.no>, RCS <rcs333 at online.no> wrote:

>> First, as another poster suggested, make sure you have nothing to do
>> with omniORB on your path before you try the new compile.
>
>I did that, and tough luck, the same unresolved 632 external symbols.

Just to check, are you using the source tarball, or the pre-compiled
Win32 binary .zip file?  You should not use the binary .zip since that
is compiled with VC++ 6, and will conflict with VC++ 7.

>> If that still fails, please subscribe to the omniORB mailing list, and
>> post details of the missing symbols to there.
>
>Well, I have tried earlier to post to the mailing lists, but what I always
>get as a response is this:
>
>"Your mail to 'omniORB-list' with the subject
>  <my message subject>
>Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>The reason it is being held:
>    Post by non-member to a members-only list"
>
>and some time later I recieve an email that the message was not accepted due
>to my not being a member, even if I have registered as a member (and recieve
>mails every day from the list).

I see you have sorted it out now, but for anyone else, the cause of
this is always that you have subscribed from one email address but are
trying to post from another address.

Cheers,

Duncan.

--