running non-python progs from python

Spiffy spiffy at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 10 18:04:26 EST 2003

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.26.1071059811.9307.python-list at python.org...
> Spiffy wrote:
>
> > > that indicates that it's supposed to work, don't you think?
> >
> > IT COULD HAVE BEEN A MISPRINT, DON'T YOU THINK?
>
> sure.  if multiple independent sources say the same thing, your
> first thought should be that they're all wrong.

> > > you mean sys.path?
> >
> > IF I HAD MEANT sys.path, I WOULD HAVE SAID sys.path, DON'T YOU THINK?
>
> the python path is stored in the sys.path variable.  why did you
> say python path if you didn't mean it?
>
> > I DO NOT THINK THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW I USED THE FUNCTION
> > NOR WHAT I EXPECTED FROM IT.
>
> no, your problems are obviously elsewhere.  good luck with your
> programming career.
>
> </F>

It's interesting to me that, although you provided no help or answers to me,
you are convinced that you did. In fact, it is clear from your first
response that your intention has been to amuse yourself by spouting attitude
at me. Hope you had a good time. Meanwhile, Fredo has provided a nice answer
that WORKS... along with an explanation of why my code didn't work. He was
HELPFUL and didn't seem to have the need to belittle me for not being a
professional Python Master. You remind me of one of these teens on IRC who
have no other pleasure in life but to sit around and boot people out of
their precious little chat rooms. I imagine if this was IRC, you would have
booted me at the first post.