Project dream

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 06:33:48 EST 2003

> [Paul Rubin]
> A CVS-like system for email...
> ...It should be able to create a single
> tarball or zipfile that you download, and accept a single tarball or
> zipfile when you upload
>
> I've been wanting for a while to write something like this.  Everyone
> I've mentioned it to wants to use it.  I'm amazed it doesn't exist
> already, at least in any well-known form.

Indeed an interesting project!  And include newsgroups like
comp.lang.python too!

For another project I finally got the "upload zip", "unzip",
"base64encode" etc. thing right: users can send a .zip file via a HTML
INPUT file="type" and the CGI script unzips it, and can send zipped
parts to the next page, etc.  Would like to warn you: it seems easy
but it took me some retries to get it right.  If you are interested I
can put the code somewhere on the net.