Potentially important real-time on-line discussion

Marco Maggi marco at maggi.luna
Sun Aug 3 10:57:00 EDT 2003

"Wojciech Kocjan" wrote:
>Would it be fair if at this time, some other programmer took
>your code, added (not replaced) him to the copyright notice,
>changed about 5 things and charged the same for that?
>
>I do not know the "right" answer to that.

  That's why  a license like the Lesser  GPL exists (altough
the original purpose of  it was different, and someone likes
it lesser).   You can release as free  software only modules
implementing some technology (an image format, a compression
algorithm, a net protocol, an interface to software XYZ) and
sell the whole application to make money.

Ciao.

--
Marco Maggi