Windows Remote Log in

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 09:46:33 EDT 2003

From: Jesse [mailto:redrumjack at hotmail.com]

> I guess it is how can I have a user enter their NT Domain Authentication
> and the script use it to log into NT Domains the computer it is running
> on it not a member of.

I have the impression that you're not 100% clear on how you might be
doing these remote operations. Do you envisage remotely "typing in"
usernames and passwords, and then remotely "opening up dialogs and
pressing buttons"? If so, you're a bit off beam (and a not atypical
NT Administrator). If not, then I apologise. (Actually, I apologise
anyway; it was a bit rude).

I suggest you have a look at WMI.

Pick up the module from:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html

and have a look at some of the examples in:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html

Try using it without any particular security qualifiers
first; if you really need an explicit log on (you probably
won't if you're a Domain Admin and using your own or a
trusted domain) then you can specify an explicit wmi
moniker in the constructor.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk