Howto MACRO in python ?

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Tue Aug 12 09:43:17 EDT 2003

"Bill Loren" <lorenb2 at bezeqint.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1060677802.12289.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi,
>
> I was looking for a guidance about how to code MACROs in python.
> any offer ?
>
> thx

1) You are asking if there macros in Python: the answer is "NO".

2) You are asking if it is possible to implement macros in Python: the
answer is "YES, but why would you do that?".

Few months ago, as a proof of concept, I wrote a module to implemente
macros in Python and I can send the code to you, if interested. But I
never use that code, I don't feel the need for macros in Python.
Many people here are opposed to introduce macros, for very good
reasons: a little of googling will give you plenty of information on
the subject.

                                    Michele