Beginner's popups in vanilla Python program

Greg Brunet gregbrunet at NOSPAMsempersoft.com
Sun Aug 3 01:26:56 EDT 2003

I responded in a bit more detail in the wxPython newsgroup/list, but it
seems that EasyGUI would be the best interface for you to use (compared
to something like wxPython), since you seem to be thinking/designing in
linear, traditional terms instead of event-driven.  You should be able
to find it with a Google search.  Also, there are lots of on-line docs &
tutorials, so you should be able to get by without buying books for a
while at least.

--
Greg

"Art" <imadept at bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> NEWBIE ALERT!
>
> Esteemed List Participants and Lurkers:
>
> (System: P-II 350, 192 meg, Win98 SE, Python 2.2.3,
>          wxPythonWIN32-2.4.1.2-Py22.exe)
>
> I'm having a lot of fun getting started with Python ... it is the most
> elegant and graceful language I have ever used (Fortran, Cobol, Basic,
many
> assemblers, Forth, C, VB, etc.).  I don't have the resources or the
> research time to buy a stack of books, so I'm begging help here.
Please be