two quick questions

Ganesan R rganesan at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 13 02:19:09 EDT 2003

> Two quick newbie questions:
> 1) Does Python have passing-by-reference?

Python only has "passing-by-value". However, in Python you always work with
references to objects. So in Python function calls pass references by
value. Hope that makes sense :-).

> 2) In ordinary parlance, "deep" implies "shallow" but not conversely. In
> the Python "copy" module (if I understand correctly), the implication goes
> the other way. Do you find this a nuisance?

If I understand you correctly, "deep" does imply "shallow" in the "copy"
module. Perhaps you can point to documentation that led you believe it
"goes the other way".

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R