MemoryError: out of memory Python 2.1.3 on Windows 2000

Andy Rechenberg arechenberg at shermfin.com
Wed Aug 27 11:59:55 EDT 2003

The problem is basically in the subject line.

I am building an Intranet site based on Zope/CMF/Plone.  In order to
fulfill the requirements Zope/Python must be run on Windows.

Zope is running as a Wi32 service.  When the python.exe process
consume ~122MB (according to the Windows Task Manager) I start
receiving MemoryError: out of memory exceptions.  I've already checked
for bad RAM and the server's RAM appears good.

Is this issue related to running python 2.1.3 on Windows 2000?  Is
there anyway I can fix this problem so that python.exe will use more
than 122MB of RAM (the server has 4GB)?

Please CC: my email address with any responses.

Thanks a million!

Regards,
Andy.