ClientCookie bug (followup)

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Thu Aug 21 14:55:52 EDT 2003

John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
> pythonguy at Hotpop.com (Anand Pillai) writes:
> [...]
>>    'We', nothing royal about it. It is just me and my friend
>> & co-developer Nirmal Chidambaram. Apparently he has found
>> a way around some of the bugs in Clientcookie. He has written
>
> It'd be great if you made me aware what those bugs are!
>
> (BTW, no intent to offend with my comment about your plurality, or
> lack thereof -- it's just that the convention of using 'we' in source
> code comments is common enough that I've sometimes found myself using
> it even when writing code alone, which is funny.)

I do that all the time; "we" is the default in my code comments and I
have rarely, I think never, used "I". I usually think of it as myself
reading through the code with another coder, who is tasked with taking
over code maintenance from me. I'm explaining to him what the code is
intended to do: "So here, we want to search through the list for..."

--
Robin Munn <rmunn at pobox.com> | http://www.rmunn.com/ | PGP key 0x6AFB6838